DiDonovan

DiDonovan

A Simmering Story of Organized Crime in 1960s New York!

Rude Boy USA - Victoria Bolton

Fans of novels about mob action and organized crime, especially those which include historical facts within their story lines, will relish Rude Boy USA, which is set in the 1960s and revolves around a New York City gang, Chimera, which attracts the attention of a top organized crime family.

As the group evolves into a crime syndicate run by four leaders, murder, sex, and struggle assume new levels of reality and insight in a thriller thoroughly grounded in a diverse variety of characters and special interests. Many social issues are also examined from different perspectives, from the fluid relationships between men and women to questions of race and heritage that ultimately dictate attitudes and choices in life ("…Passing can only get you so far,” she said. “I don’t care about what anybody thinks. I do it because it gets me ahead. It’s hard out there. I know what I am, and that’s all I care about. I mean, they may look like nice people, they may seem nice and tolerant and understanding of who you are, but when they get angry at you for whatever reason—when she gets mad—her white hood comes out.").

From men who sleep with different women without loving any of them to emotional, racial, and gang obligations that take precedence over all else, Rude Boy USA constantly provides a smooth interaction between protagonists with different perspectives on life and its values in a thriller marked with nonstop confrontations. Be forewarned: this process includes sex, violence, drugs, and crime (it would not be a proper crime story without these elements).

Love, betrayal, friendships, and gang connections all simmer beneath the atmosphere of the 1960s in New York City, making for a riveting, highly recommended read especially recommended for fans of historical novels or mob stories.